- Trail Alignment and Connectivity: The emphasis will be on environmental compatibility and linkage to existing trails (Spring Run, Bog Meadow, Railroad Run, Saratoga Spa State Park, etc.) to connect the City's neighborhoods with the downtown business district and key destinations. Our goal will be to develop a network of trails so that every home in Saratoga Springs becomes a trailhead.
- Alignment Considerations: Evaluate opportunities and develop strategies for utilizing and/or acquiring private property and/or public right-of-way, as needed to create a continuous Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant trail along the prospective alignment alternative(s). Emphasis will be placed on minimizing conflicts between trail users, motorists, and property owners.
- Data Collection and Mapping: Identify, inventory and describe the existing physical and environmental conditions, vegetation and wildlife, land uses, property ownership, roads and their characteristics, key crossing, easements and rights of way in the study area.
- Demand and Benefits Analysis: to determine the potential use, environmental, health, mobility and economic benefits of the proposed trail, a demand and benefits analysis will be performed.
- Public Participation: Alta will lead an interactive public involvement process that provides many opportunities for the community to participate and direct the development of the project. Public workshops will be scheduled and draft plans will be posted on the website as they are produced.
- Project Alternatives: Consultant will develop a minimum of two project alternatives, including both a short term “sign and stripe” alternative and a long term “full build” alternative for the proposed trail, three alternative alignments. Photo simulations for each alternative will be posted on the website.